Making a recommendation
Once an assessment of the application has been completed, the department will recommend one of the following:
- grant a licence consistent with the application
- provide a written expression of undertaking to issue a licence once legal access is obtained
- refuse a licence
- grant a licence inconsistent with the application
- return the application if the requested information was not provided in accordance with the department's submission requirements. See Operational Policy 5.11 Timely submission of required further information.
The department may propose a licence for a volume of water that is less than what was initially requested on the application due to:
- water availability or department policy
- licence or permit conditions that will significantly alter the operation
- conditions of usage on a transferee's licence
- conditions in approvals of agreement requiring water quality monitoring.
Applicants are advised in writing when a decision has been made. You may respond, in writing, if the department recommends either refusing the licence or granting a licence that is inconsistent with the application. The department will consider any submission by the applicant in making a final decision.