Shallow groundwater system
In 2007, the Department of Water began a three-year program of groundwater investigations, with an increased focus on groundwater-dependent ecosystems and water quality.
These investigations followed the McHugh & Bourke report in 2007 that outlined the monitoring and management issues for a number of wetlands in the Perth Region.
The report recommended an investigation into 28 wetlands on the Swan Coastal Plain.
Reports available for download:
- Lake Mariginiup (Searle et al. 2010)
- Lake Nowergup (Searle et al. 2011)
- Egerton Seepage (McHugh et al. 2011)
- Lexia Wetlands (Department of Water 2011)
- Loch McNess (Department of Water 2011)
- Tangletoe Swamp (Department of Water 2011)
- Lake Yonderup (Department of Water 2011)
- Lake Muckenburra (Degens et al. 2012)
- Lake Gwelup (Clohessy 2012)
- Loch McNess hydrogeology and causes of water-level decline (Department of Water 2016)