New decision process for stormwater management
Open for public comment
We have made available for public comment the updated Decision Process for Stormwater Management in WA. The decision process outlines the approaches and criteria used for planning and designing stormwater management systems for urban development and when retrofitting existing systems.
This is the third edition, with the first edition originally published in 2005 and subsequently updated in 2009.
The Decision Process is a component of the Stormwater Management Manual for Western Australia.
The desired outcomes of the decision process is for urban stormwater management systems to be planned and designed to:
- protect public health and safety
- protect public and private infrastructure and buildings from flooding
- protect and enhance sensitive receiving environments
- enable economically sustainable construction, maintenance and renewal/replacement costs
- achieve good urban amenity.
The third edition of the Decision Process is open to public comment as part of a 12-week consultation period until 21 October 2016. Comments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.