Gnangara groundwater system
The Gnangara groundwater system is Perth's lowest cost and largest source of good quality water. It provides almost half of Perth’s scheme water as well as water for local agriculture, parks, ovals and our gardens.
It also supports nationally significant groundwater-dependent ecosystems, such as wetlands and Banksia woodlands. These groundwater-dependent ecosystems support biodiversity, help create our ‘sense of place’ and make our city an attractive place to live.
- How groundwater is used
- How groundwater supports the environment
- Status of the Gnangara groundwater system
- Our goal and new plan for managing the system sustainably
- How we can work together to adapt to climate change
- Learn how the system works and how it has been managed over time